Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Coconut Chia Seed Pudding.

Last night I had my first go with chia seed pudding and boy am I glad I did! The ingredients are minimal and it's super versatile so you can really add anything you want to it.  Since it was our first go-round, we kept it simple.

1 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
2 Tbs agave (any sweetener of your choice)
1 Tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup chia seeds
1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut

*Serves 2-4

Mix the wet ingredients together first. Then add the chia seeds and coconut. Mix thoroughly, cover, and set in the refrigerator overnight. It smells amazing and can be quite tempting so I understand if you can't make it through the night before you dive in! However, let it sit for at least 3 hours before you indulge to give the chia seeds time to expand. Once you're ready, you can top it with whatever you'd like--fruit, nuts, granola, chocolate, etc. We used what we had and went with grapefruit and walnuts which gave it a wonderful tart twist. It is delicious and healthy and a wonderful pick-me-up pudding. Enjoy!


xo

No comments:

Post a Comment