Thursday, September 29, 2011

Free time.

So Pat and I have been getting to spend more time together lately. We were so busy and had conflicting schedules when the beginning of this semester started. We are finally starting to figure them out, which is amazing because that means we have more free time together. With this new freedom, we have been walking around downtown Fullerton, trying new restaurants, and cooking up some tasty recipes. This past Monday, I tried to make something I had never attempted before. Pat and I love Thai food (obviously) and a favorite dish of our is Param. Basically its tofu, spinach, and peanut sauce with rice. So, I thought I'd give it a go before Pat got home from work. I looked up a couple recipes for the peanut sauce and was lost. The only ingredient I had was peanut butter which was one thing amongst the list of soy sauce, sugar, etc. So I got a little creative. I basically just used peanut butter, agave, apple cider vinegar, and some salt. It ended up tasting great and I was shocked at its success. Although, I guess it's kind of hard to mess up peanut sauce right? Anyways, here's a picture of our kale, tofu param and our twice baked sweet potatoes. Delish!
This weekend the pumpkin patches open and Pat and I are excited to go and pick out a couple of pumpkins to spice up our home for the fall. Hopefully we get some time to carve them and then bake the seeds. I am thrilled that October is here--it's my favorite month of the year. Holidays are right around the corner which means a lot of family time!
---
This is a picture of my nephew at our wedding. I miss his adorable face so much. We're so excited for my sister, brother in law, and this little guy to come home for the holidays!
---
Congratulations to my other sister (Summer) and her fiance (Patrick) for setting a date for their wedding! So many exciting times ahead!
 
Hope you all have a wonderful week!
XO

No comments:

Post a Comment