Monday, May 13, 2013

Birthday Festivities.

Earlier this month, I turned a year older. 
We celebrated and it was a lot of fun. The husband is great with surprises and celebrations. The day before, we met my sister, brother in law, and nephew at the Pier One Park and ate Grimaldis pizza and drank ginger jasmine soda on the grass. It was a beautiful day and so much fun eating with the skyline in the background, fellow picnickers enjoying themselves, and the sun shining brightly. 
On the day of, I woke up to a whole day of festivities, mostly involving food, which was perfect.  Along each stop, he had a package and a note with a clue to what we were doing next. We ate awesome food, picnicked in parks, walked the High Line, met with friends for dessert with many stops along the way. We talked about this past year of my life and some goals for this next year. This is one of my favorite things to do on our special celebrations--reminiscing and setting goals. This is something that takes place quite often around here, especially on these types of days. I am so grateful for the wonderful memories I have from last year and I am looking forward to what is in store for me this next year. I look forward to continuing on this adventure of life with the ones I love.
---
























Here's to another year!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment